Only available in Birmingham, Cheshire East, Cheshire West and Chester, Coventry, Derby, Derbyshire, Dudley, Leicester, Leicestershire, Sandwell, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Stoke, Telford and Wrekin, Walsall, Warwickshire, Wolverhampton and Worcestershire.
Head Teachers are required to have completed / reviewed their performance management objectives by 31st December in any given year with the support of an external advisor. This service provides schools with an experienced external advisor who will spend half a day on site, providing rigorous and informed support for new and experienced Head Teachers and Governing bodies wishing to complete the yearly appraisal cycle. The advisor will also spend half a day completing the paperwork off site.
In order to provide you with a rigorous service the advisor will follow the practice outlined below:
- The advisor will ask for the Head Teacher’s objectives and their evaluation of achievement against the previously agreed success criteria.
- The advisor will review the Head Teacher’s evaluation and validate it through the use of any additional data / information that is available.
- The advisor will write an evaluation / assessment of the level to which the Head Teacher has achieved the stated objectives, which informs the next stage of the process.
- The advisor will then meet with the Head Teacher to review the external evaluation and discuss with them the possible objectives for next year, including success criteria and means of monitoring.
- The advisor will meet with Governors to review the external evaluation document and advise on the possible new objectives.
- At a meeting with the Head Teacher and those Governors responsible for performance management, the advisor will facilitate a session to review old objectives and establish new ones - the advisor will offer support and further clarification as required as well as recording the outcomes of the discussion.
- The advisor will draft the agreed HTPM document for the school.