Only available in Birmingham, Cheshire East, Cheshire West and Chester, Coventry, Derby, Derbyshire, Dudley, Leicester, Leicestershire, Sandwell, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Stoke, Telford and Wrekin, Walsall, Warwickshire, Wolverhampton and Worcestershire.
This support package has been designed to assist schools in meeting their responsibilities and complying with with the requirements of ACoP L8 (at the time of offer).
Please note: This service is in addition to the existing 2 six monthly checks that are already undertaken by Staffordshire County Council for all maintained schools, which will remain in place.
Academies can purchase this package in addition to the water hygiene service provided in the Statutory Risk and Compliance Package
This enhanced service provides:
- Monthly flow and return temperature checks from all hot water heaters and boilers.
- Monthly temperature checks from all hot water sentinel points (usually the first and last taps on run of pipework).
- Temperature checks from all cold water sentinel points.
- Record hot water temperature outputs for all thermostatic mixing valves (TMV’s)
- Temperature checks from 10% of the remaining hot taps
- Temperature checks from 10% of the remaining cold taps
- Audit on site log book to ensure weekly flushing is being completed
- Make necessary adjustments to temperature controls.
- Where possible, repair faulty thermostatic mixing valves (TMV’s) to avoid a scalding risk
- Quarterly clean, de-scale and disinfect all showers, include hose if fitted
Entrust shall engage a third-party provider to enable schools to effectively delegate many of the routine water hygiene monitoring tasks, including monthly temperature checks undertaken during School term times.
All tasks shall be carried out by City & Guilds qualified competent technicians