It is a statutory requirement for schools to record SEN data. This course will ensure that school staff have the knowledge to record this information accurately.
The course is tutor led using a SIMS training data set. The course will focus on:
- Adding new pupils/students to the SEN register or changing their SEN status.
- Creating user defined groups for SEN pupils/students to be used for Attendance monitoring.
- Recording reviews and running invitation letters for people invited to the review from SIMS.
- Associating outside agents to pupils/students to ensure safeguarding monitoring.
- Creating a SEN Register including additional information e.g. Pupil Premium, EAL.
This course will enable you to:
- Allow the school to meet their statutory requirement.
- Record data accurately to ensure that SEN history is not overwritten.
- Utilise each area of the SEN module.
The training is recommended for staff supporting the SEN Coordinator.