An informative day providing an insight into the requirements of becoming a self employed Ofsted registered childminder.
The morning session focuses on what you need to know and put in place to support your application to Ofsted to become a childminder. This includes the rewards and challenges of setting up your own business, how to complete your application to Ofsted and how to meet the wider legal requirements for childminding. The afternoon will be spent looking at the statutory requirements for learning and development, focusing on how to support children's outcomes in all areas the early years foundation stage (EYFS).
This course will enable you to: Morning Session
- To understand the requirements of being an Ofsted registered childminder.
- To understand how to register with Ofsted
- To Understand the 7 areas of learning, Prime and Specific area
- To Understand the Characteristics of Effective learning
- To explore how to identify and build on children’s starting points, observation and next steps for planning enabling best outcomes for all children.
This course is suitable for those who want to become an Ofsted registered childminder