An introduction to all the key issues relating to your new Governor role, both from an individual and whole Governing Board point of view.
This course will explore, with other new Governors, the roles and responsibilities of a Governor, the Governing Board and the Headteacher. We will begin to discuss the techniques that can be used to give confidence in fulfilling this new role, whilst also giving Governors the opportunity to seek advice, ask questions and understand effective practice.
This course will enable you to:
- Understand your role and responsibilities and the expectations of being a Governor.
- Identify how you can contribute to school improvement.
- Understand your school and the education process.
- Understand the structure and procedures for meetings and committees.
- Share issues and concerns with others.
For both Academy and Maintained Governors.