Raises awareness of the procedures required to manage the risks of asbestos. The training includes information about asbestos in premises, how asbestos is managed, provides an overview of the asbestos register and how to use it and details the the monitoring and checks required in premises where asbestos is present.
The training event is an interactive event which includes group activities. The training event includes information about the types and characteristics of asbestos, the risks to health from exposure to asbestos, the legal background and the legal duty to manage asbestos. The event also details the management arrangements needed to meet the "duty to manage" including the use of the asbestos manual, managing intrusive work, communication of the risk of asbestos and the monitoring asbestos. Delegates will also be able to discuss their planned response to asbestos emergencies should they occur.
This course will enable you to:
- To have an increased knowledge of the nature and properties of asbestos.
- Learn the types, risks to health, uses of and likely location of asbestos in buildings.
- To understand the Duty to Manage asbestos and what it involves.
- To raise awareness of the Asbestos Regulations and any employer management arrangements.
- To understand how to manage the risks of asbestos.
- To be able to follow the emergency arrangements following the accidental release of asbestos.
This course is suitable for Premises Managers, Headteachers/Principals, Site Supervisors and other roles managing premises.