This course will focus on the pedagogical principles that underpin effective and impactful EYFS practice and how this interfaces with the national landscape. It will enable attendees to develop a thorough understanding of how to provide appropriate learning and teaching experiences for children aged 3 - 5 years.
The course will provide guidance and practical examples in the crucial areas of:
- How children learn in the EYFS.
- Interaction and the role of the adult.
- Developing an effective learning environment.
- Assessment and demonstrating progress.
By attending this course you will:
- Have a broader understanding of how to provide an effective education for children aged 3 – 5 years.
- Understand the implications of national policies and initiatives in the EYFS.
- Develop the ability to reflect on and analyse your own pedagogical practices.
- Have a range of practical ideas and approaches to facilitate effective practice.
This course is suitable for all early years teachers, practitioners in the private, voluntary and independent sector and childminders.